At Ark Paddington Green Academy we are supported by a catering company ‘Caterlink’ to provide our school lunches. We buy this service from Westminster City Council.
School meals are free to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 through the Government ‘Universal Free School Meals’ initiative which began in September 2014.
Children in Nursery, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 are invited to have school lunches, at a cost of £1.90 per day. (Free to children of parents who qualify for Free School Meals by meeting the set criteria.)
An example of the school menu is below:
We encourage all parents to look at the ‘Free School Meals’ criteria below to see if they may qualify. If they do, we could recieve ‘Pupil Premium’ funding for each child to provide intervention, support and extra experiences which can increase pupil's academic progress.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
You can obtain a free school meals form from Ms Francis or Mrs Gardner, in the school office.