Nursery and Reception Admissions for September 2019
Congratulations to all parents who have gained a place at Reception for September 2019.
We still have a handful of places remaining in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 for September. If you would like a place for your child, even if you did not previously apply, you can gain a place by applying now. Click here for more information and here to apply.
Applications for Nursery class in September 2019 has closed, we offered places on 24 May. If you still would like to be considered, you can submit a late application here.
Reporting your Child Absent
Parents are now able to report their child's absence online by completing the absence for, which can be found here. Parents are advised to complete this form before the start of the school day.
At Ark Paddington Green Academy we are supported by a catering company ‘Caterlink’ to provide our school lunches. We buy this service from Westminster City Council.
School meals are free to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 through the Government ‘Universal Free School Meals’ initiative which began in September 2014.
Children in Nursery, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 are invited to have school lunches, at a cost of £1.90 per day. (Free to children of parents who qualify for Free School Meals by meeting the set criteria.)
An example of the school menu is below:
We encourage all parents to look at the ‘Free School Meals’ criteria below to see if they may qualify. If they do, we could recieve ‘Pupil Premium’ funding for each child to provide intervention, support and extra experiences which can increase pupil's academic progress.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
You can obtain a free school meals form from Ms Francis or Mrs Gardner, in the school office.