Ark Paddington Green is a non-selective school for local children. If the school is oversubscribed, priority is given to students with statements of special educational needs where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places are then offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children who can demonstrate that admission to Ark Paddington Green is necessary on the grounds of professionally supported medical or social need (parents should refer to the policy below for further information).
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the primary school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address).
- Children of staff of the school, with priority being given to those filling a demonstrable skills shortage.
- The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
For full details, please see the full 2016/17 and 2017/18 Admissions Policy.
Westminster co-ordinates admissions for Reception to Year 6. Applications must be made via the Westminster Council’s Admissions team on 020 7745 6433.
Ark Paddington Green co-ordinates its own admissions for nursery. Please note that a nursery place at Ark Paddington Green does not automatically guarantee a place in our primary school.
There are 30 school places available in Reception. Westminster keeps a waiting list which is used to fill casual vacancies occurring if students leave during the year. Application forms for in-year admissions can be obtained direct from the school or from Westminster's admissions team.
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable - September 2017 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 or Reception class in September will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||18 April 2017||20 May 2017|
|after 20 May 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline might not be considered by the independent appeal panel.
Please contact email@example.com or the academy if you need a paper form.